Knowing the best place to turn for the current and most dependable info on COVID-19, specifically as it relates to the elderly and people who provide caregiving assistance for them, is important – and can be confusing. Because there are many sources and different viewpoints on this serious situation, we wanted to help make it more straightforward to find what you need by sharing the following list of reliable resources for family caregivers and their loved ones.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP provides an ongoing bulleted list of the current news associated with COVID-19, as well as what the elderly should do to decrease their risk of contracting the virus and answers to several common questions.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a wealth of information, such as assistance with understanding who is at greater risk, signs and symptoms, how to take care of yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping strategies, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Seniors and People With Disabilities Should Know: ACL provides details on what seniors and people with disabilities should be aware of to reduce the risk of being infected with and spreading the disease, warning signs, state-by-state regulations, and a thorough list of federal and non-federal resources.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and articles to help family caregivers increase the safety of the seniors within their care.
- NAHC COVID-19 Tips and Information: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of seniors who receive in-home care, and for families who provide that care. This COVID-19 resource page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
- Comprehensive FAQ List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created an FAQ page to provide answers to many questions, including safety measures to take when visiting a senior’s house, information on how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and so much more.
For further resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to maximize wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, get in touch with Complete Care at Home any time. Following a strict protocol to ensure the safety of the cherished older adults we serve, we can assist with an array of necessary services, including:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to enable older adults to remain safe in the home
- Planning and preparing healthy and balanced meals
- Companionship to ease isolation and stress through conversations, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for those with dementia
- And many others
Reach out to Complete Care at Home at 805-727-3445 for a consultation within the safety and comfort of home, and to learn more about our top-rated companion care in Santa Barbara and the surrounding communities. Contact us today and learn how we can assist your loved ones.