How to apply for In-Home Care for eligible veterans
Homemaker – Home Health Aide- Respite Care
Any Veteran enrolled in VA health care or a referral coming from Veterans Service Coordinators. Military, naval, or air service members who were separated under any condition other than dishonorable.
Current and former members of the Reserves or National Guard who were called to active duty (other than for training only) by a federal order and completed the full period for which they were called or ordered to active duty.
- Served 24 continuous months or the full period for which they were called to active duty to be eligible.
- Exceptions: Those discharged for hardship or received an “early out.” If not currently enrolled in VA health care, Veterans should apply to determine their eligibility.
IN-HOME CARE SERVICE VETERANS ELIGIBILITY
Typically, 6 to 168 hours per week. Hours are determined based the needs of the Veteran and authorized by the service care coordinator.
Hours can extend to twenty-four hours per day.
How to APPLY?
In order to assist any veteran with getting started, the most important question is, are they in the VA system already?
If the answer is Yes:
1) The veteran should contact their VA PCP and make an appointment.
2) The veteran needs to request HHA benefits.
3) The PCP will determine what benefits they qualify for and provide a referral.
If the answer is No:
1) The veteran would need to complete a 10-10 EZ Form (paper or online)
2) The form takes 4-6 weeks to process.
3) Once approved the VA will assign the veteran a PCP.
4) The veteran should make an appointment and request HHA benefits.
5) The PCP will determine what benefits they qualify for and provide a referral.
Complete the 10-10EZ form and send it to the Veterans Administration.
Only one application needs to be completed via one of the two methods.
Keep in mind the online submission is processed faster than the mail-in submission.